At 5:15 p.m. on Thursday, June 23, 2022, at the Avenal Theater & Event Center, the Avenal City Council will hold a public hearing on proposed increases in rates for water and sewer service, and to hear and consider objections and protests to the proposed Read on...
The State Water Shutoff Moratorium ended 12/31/2021. The City of Avenal Utility Billing Department will resume assessing late fees and generating water disconnections as of 1/1/2022. Read on...
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City Council of the City of Avenal is soliciting names of interested individuals willing to serve on the Planning Commission Committee. Read on...
Self Help Enterprises wishes to give low-income home owners the opportunity to finance home safety and essential health repairs. For more information, please call Self-Help Enterprises at (559) 651-3634. Read on...
Emergency Drought Measures in Effect for Avenal Residents
The Avenal City Council has declared a Local Emergency due to water shortage and drought conditions. Learn about ways you can conserve water and avoid fines. Read More
The Pistachio Capital of the World
"To be a caring community, promoting an oasis of opportunities for all to prosper. We do this through diligent stewardship, community, partnership, service and growth."
- Stewardship: We manage resources and work to assure a self-sufficient and sustainable community.
- Community: We provide a safe & healthy environment in which to thrive.
- Partnership: We encourage communication, inclusion and civic pride.
- Service: We serve the customer with exceptional quality and care.
- Growth: We promote economic vitality and strategically position Avenal for the future.