Please join the Avenal’s Census Complete Count Committee for a Presentation and lively Discussion about the 2020 U.S. Census and how it will affect not only you but your Community as well!!! February 19th, 6:00 PM at the Avenal Theater and Event Center. Read on...
The Kings County Elections Department is anticipating an exciting 2020 Election Cycle. The Election dates are Tuesday March 3, 2020 and Tuesday November 3, 2020. Workers are needed! Read on...
Due to improved water conditions in 2017, the Avenal City Council amended the City's Water Conservation Measures on April 13, 2017. The City requests continued assistance utilizing Phase II water conservation measures by all users until further notice. Read on...
Emergency Drought Measures in Effect for Avenal Residents
The Avenal City Council has declared a Local Emergency due to water shortage and drought conditions. Learn about ways you can conserve water and avoid fines. Read More
The Pistachio Capital of the World
"To be a caring community, promoting an oasis of opportunities for all to prosper. We do this through diligent stewardship, community, partnership, service and growth."
- Stewardship: We manage resources and work to assure a self-sufficient and sustainable community.
- Community: We provide a safe & healthy environment in which to thrive.
- Partnership: We encourage communication, inclusion and civic pride.
- Service: We serve the customer with exceptional quality and care.
- Growth: We promote economic vitality and strategically position Avenal for the future.