The 2018 Avenal Sand Drags Fall Nationals is coming up next October 26-28. The Fall Nationals will once again be our three day event race format. This will also be the Season Finale for the 2018 California Sand Drag Challenge... Read on...
Champions is now accepting referrals for the Youthful Parenting program. Click below to find the forms Read on...
When in doubt, keep it out. Cuando en duda, dejalo afuera. Read on...
Due to improved water conditions in 2017, the Avenal City Council amended the City's Water Conservation Measures on April 13, 2017. The City requests continued assistance utilizing Phase II water conservation measures by all users until further notice. Read on...
Emergency Drought Measures in Effect for Avenal Residents
The Avenal City Council has declared a Local Emergency due to water shortage and drought conditions. Learn about ways you can conserve water and avoid fines. Read More
The Pistachio Capital of the World
"To be a caring community, promoting an oasis of opportunities for all to prosper. We do this through diligent stewardship, community, partnership, service and growth."
- Stewardship: We manage resources and work to assure a self-sufficient and sustainable community.
- Community: We provide a safe & healthy environment in which to thrive.
- Partnership: We encourage communication, inclusion and civic pride.
- Service: We serve the customer with exceptional quality and care.
- Growth: We promote economic vitality and strategically position Avenal for the future.